- Moderna Inc MRNA said that data shows its omicron-tailored vaccines, mRNA-1273.214 and mRNA-1273.222, produced a higher antibody response against BA.4/5 subvariants than its original shot in vaccinated and boosted adults.
- Moderna, however, said that in an exploratory analysis of approximately 40 participants, both bivalent vaccines demonstrated robust neutralizing activity against BQ.1.1, despite an approximately 5-fold drop in titers compared to BA.4/BA.5.
- Related: Moderna Shares Deep Dive After Lower COVID-19 Vaccine Sales Weigh On Q3 Sales, Profits.
- The vaccines did show neutralizing titers against BQ.1.1, an emerging threat globally.
- The safety and tolerability of mRNA-1273.214 and mRNA-1273.222 were similar to a booster dose of mRNA-1273, and adverse events were generally lower than the second dose of the primary series.
- Also see: Moderna's Omicron-Adapted Booster Maintains Response Through Three Months.
- Based on data from preclinical studies, omicron-tailored shots made by Moderna have already been approved in the U.S. for adults and children as young as six years.
- Price Action: MRNA shares are up 7.04% at $183.26 on the last check Monday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.