- HUTCHMED (China) Limited HCM announced initial results from FRUTIGA Phase 3 trial of fruquintinib combined with paclitaxel in 703 Chinese patients with advanced gastric or gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) adenocarcinoma.
- The trial met one of the primary endpoints of statistically significant improvement in progression-free survival (PFS), which is clinically meaningful.
- The other primary endpoint of overall survival (OS) was not statistically significant per the pre-specified statistical plan, although there was an improvement in median OS.
- Related: HUTCHMED Cancer Med Cuts Death Risk By 34% In Metastatic Colorectal Cancer.
- Fruquintinib also demonstrated a statistically significant improvement in secondary endpoints, including objective response rate (ORR), disease control rate (DCR), and improved duration of response (DoR).
- The safety profile of fruquintinib in FRUTIGA was consistent with previously reported studies.
- Full detailed results are subject to ongoing analysis and are expected to be disclosed at an upcoming scientific meeting. T
- HUTCHMED retains all commercial rights to fruquintinib outside of China. In China, fruquintinib is marketed under the brand name Elunate. HUTCHMED is partnered with Eli Lilly And Co LLY.
- Price Action: HCM shares are up 15.60% at $11.44 during the premarket session on the last check Monday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.