89bio Inc ETNB announced topline results from the ENTRIGUE Phase 2 proof-of-concept study of pegozafermin for severe hypertriglyceridemia (SHTG).
- Hypertriglyceridemia is characterized by high triglycerides (TG) levels, a type of fat, in the bloodstream.
- SHTG can lead to multiple serious conditions, including cardiovascular disease and acute pancreatitis.
- Treatment with pegozafermin resulted in clinically meaningful and significant reductions in TG from baseline across all doses (with a 63% reduction in the highest dosing group).
- Also See: 89bio's NASH Candidate Shows Improvement In Disease Severity, Cardiovascular Health.
- Additionally, results were consistent in patients not on background therapy or background therapy and across various subgroups.
- Data also showed statistically significant improvements in key cardiovascular risk markers, reductions in liver fat, and improvements in glycemic control markers.
- Pegozafermin was well tolerated with a favorable safety profile across doses consistent with prior studies.
- In ENTRIGUE, the most commonly reported treatment-related adverse events were nausea, diarrhea, and injection site reactions, all of which were classified as mild or moderate.
- Separately, 89bio has priced its underwritten public offering of 18.6 million shares and accompanying warrants to purchase up to 9.3 million shares at a combined price of $3.55 for gross proceeds of $94.5 million. The company will use the money to fund the development of pegozafermin and other general corporate purposes.
- Price Action: ETNB shares are up 2.82% at $3.65 during the premarket session on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.