- MeiraGTx Holdings plc MGTX announced topline data from the Phase 1/2 study MGT009 of botaretigene sparoparvovec, gene therapy for X-linked retinitis pigmentosa (XLRP).
- Treatment with botaretigene sparoparvovec was found to be generally safe and well-tolerated.
- Significant improvements were demonstrated across retinal, visual functions, and functional vision in participants treated with botaretigene sparoparvovec compared to the randomized untreated control arm of the study at six months post-treatment.
- Also Read: MeiraGTx Reveals Interim Data From Phase 1 Trial Of Radiation-Induced Dry Mouth Symptom.
- MeiraGTx and Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc, a unit of Johnson & Johnson JNJ, are jointly developing botaretigene sparoparvovec.
- In the dose-escalation and expansion phases of the MGT009 study, improvements in vision were seen in subjects treated with low and intermediate doses of botaretigene sparoparvovec compared to the randomized concurrent control arm at 6 months.
- Improvements were demonstrated in retinal sensitivity on static perimetry, functional vision in a vision-guided mobility assessment, and other visual function and functional vision measures.
- The Phase 3 Lumeos study of botaretigene sparoparvovec for XLRP with disease-causing variants in the RPGR gene is actively dosing patients.
- Price Action: MGTX shares are trading 3.18% lower at $7.30 during the market session on the last check Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.