- Roivant Sciences Ltd ROIV and Pfizer Inc PFE unveiled Priovant Therapeutics, dedicated to developing and commercializing novel therapies for autoimmune diseases.
- Priovant was established in September 2021 through a transaction between Roivant and Pfizer.
- Pfizer licensed oral and topical brepocitinib's global development rights and US and Japan commercial rights to Priovant.
- Pfizer holds a 25% equity ownership interest in Priovant.
- Brepocitinib is a potential first-in-class dual inhibitor of TYK2 and JAK1.
- Priovant is developing oral brepocitinib as a franchise across multiple orphan and specialty autoimmune diseases with few approved therapies, high morbidity and mortality, and pathobiologies for which both TYK2 and JAK1 inhibition are expected to contribute to efficacy.
- Priovant recently initiated a single registrational Phase 3 study in dermatomyositis. A global Phase 2b study in SLE, designed to serve as one of two registrational studies, is close to fully enrolled with data anticipated in 2H 2023.
- In addition to brepocitinib, Pfizer has also licensed ropsacitinib, a selective TYK2 inhibitor, to Priovant.
- Price Action: ROIV shares are down 0.24% at $4.67, and PFE stock is down 1.20% at $51.26 during the market session on the last check Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.