- Addex Therapeutics Ltd ADXN has terminated the Phase 2b/3 study of dipraglurant for dyskinesia associated with Parkinson's disease (PD-LID) due to the slow recruitment of patients.
- Data readout from the trial was expected in 1H of 2023.
- The company attributes this to the consequences of COVID-19-related patient concerns about participation in studies, staffing shortages, and turnover within study sites.
- The company plans to advance its preclinical portfolio toward the clinic and pursue strategic collaborations for selected programs.
- Concurrently the company is also focusing on delivering under its strategic partnership with Indivior.
- Addex's partner, Janssen, a unit of Johnson & Johnson JNJ, is also expected to deliver data from the Phase 2 study of ADX71149 in epilepsy patients in Q4 of 2022.
- Last month, Addex announced that the outcome of a small Phase 2a feasibility study of dipraglurant in patients with blepharospasm was inconclusive and did not meet all of its objectives.
- There were no safety concerns.
- In light of the company's termination of the dipraglurant program for PD-LID, the company is suspending the company's financial guidance.
- Price Action: ADXN shares are 39.9% at $2.01 during the premarket session on the last check Friday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.