- Galera Therapeutics Inc GRTX announced topline results from Phase 2a AESOP trial of avasopasem for severe acute radiation-induced esophagitis in lung cancer patients receiving concurrent chemoradiotherapy.
- Esophagitis is an early side effect of radiation or chemoradiation, causing pain, difficulties in swallowing with potential malnutrition, and dehydration.
- The trial enrolled 39 patients with unresectable Stage 3A/3B or post-operative Stage 2B non-small cell (NSCLC) or limited-stage small cell (SCLC) lung cancers.
- Related: Galera Therapeutics Shares Surge As Citi Bumps Up Price Target To $20.
- Thirty-five patients completed treatment with 60 gray of intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) plus chemotherapy over six weeks.
- Of these 35 patients, 29 received at least five weeks of 90 mg of avasopasem when they underwent IMRT.
- Only two of the 29 patients (7%) experienced severe (grade 3) esophagitis, with neither patient experiencing Grade 3 for more than one week.
- No patients experienced Grade 4 or 5 esophagitis during the trial.
- Avasopasem was generally well tolerated. The adverse events experienced are comparable to those expected with chemoradiotherapy.
- Price Action: GRTX shares are up 9.47% at $1.85 during the market session on the last check Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.