Cocrystal Pharma Inc COCP reported preliminary results of a Phase 1 study with CC-42344, a broad-spectrum oral antiviral to treat pandemic and seasonal influenza A.
- The ongoing Phase 1 trial, designed to evaluate CC-42344 administered in single-ascending and multiple-ascending doses, plans to enroll 56 healthy adults.
- Results from the first two single-ascending dose 100 mg and 200 mg cohorts showed a favorable pharmacokinetic profile of CC-42344.
- CC-42344 is an oral PB2 inhibitor that blocks an essential step of viral replication.
- Related: Cocrystal Pharma To Develop Additional Two Antiviral Drug Candidates For COVID-19.
- CC-42344 targets the influenza polymerase, an essential replication enzyme with several highly essential regions common to multiple influenza strains, including pandemic strains.
- In vitro testing showed CC-42344's excellent antiviral activity against influenza A strains, including pandemic and seasonal strains, as well as against strains resistant to Tamiflu and Xofluza, while also demonstrating favorable pharmacokinetic and safety profiles.
- Price Action: COCP shares are up 3.92% at $0.53 during the market session on the last check Tuesday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.