Vaccinex Inc VCNX shares are gaining after the Company reported interim response data in the Phase Ib segment of the KEYNOTE-B84 study.
- The trial is evaluating Vaccinex's pepinemab combined with Merck & Co Inc's MRK Keytruda (pembrolizumab) in recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (R/M HNSCC).
- Among the three patients enrolled in the safety segment of the study, two patients experienced a complete response (CR).
- Biomarker analysis revealed that tumors in both responders expressed low levels of PD-L1 biomarker (CPS<20), a subset of HNSCC patients who have historically low response rates to anti-PD-1/L1 antibodies administered as single agents.
- The investigator deemed the third patient in this group who had cancer of the tongue to have clinical progression and withdrew from the study at Week 6.
- The study will enroll up to 65 subjects, with data readout anticipated in 2H of 2022.
- Price Action: VCNX shares are up 11.9% at $1.14 during the market session on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.