- Emergent BioSolutions Inc EBS has been in headlines after its Baltimore plant has drawn the scrutiny of the FDA.
- A manufacturing mix-up ruined 15 million Johnson & Johnson JNJ COVID-19 vaccine doses at the Baltimore plant.
- Last month, the FDA completed its inspection of the troubled vaccine manufacturing plant and released a couple of blistering observations on the cross-contamination, sanitary issues, and lack of staff training.
- Today, Emergent responded to FDA’s observations with a comprehensive quality enhancement plan.
- Emergent said it has already started making improvements and is committed to making the necessary short and long-term enhancements to meet or exceed FDA’s standards.
- The company is continuing into an ongoing dialogue with the FDA and Johnson & Johnson to resume production.
- Price Action: EBS shares are trading 1.3% higher at $59.55 during the market session on the last check Wednesday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.