- Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc ADAP has reported first preclinical data from its HiT targeting mesothelin (a tumor-associated antigen), being co-developed with Astellas Pharma ALPMF
- The data were presented at the American Society for Cell and Gene Therapy (ASGCT) meeting.
- Data Highlights:
- HiTs are CD8 and HLA-independent and kill mesothelin expressing human tumor cells.
- Data demonstrate that the mesothelin HiT is not dependent on CD8 to kill target cells, and CD4 cells expressing the HiT are cytotoxic towards tumor cells.
- Data from additional in vitro experiments show that Adaptimmune's HiT is not neutralized by soluble mesothelin, unlike the TRuC construct.
- HiT T-cells targeting mesothelin induced complete tumor regression in a mouse xenograft tumor model and outperformed a comparator TRuC construct.
- Price Action: ADAP shares are up 2.1% at $4.82 during the market trading session on the last check Tuesday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.