Market Overview

D.A. Davidson Reiterates Underperform Rating On Infoblox Ahead Of Q4 Results

Share:

D.A. Davidson reiterated its Underperform rating on Infoblox Inc (NYSE: BLOX) and expects an in–line earnings when the company reports its fourth quarter results on August 31.

The brokerage expects earnings of $0.07 in line with consensus estimate and projects revenue of $85.5 million versus consensus view of $85.2 million. Infoblox had guided fourth quarter adjusted EPS of $0.05-$0.07 on revenue of $82-$86 million.

BLOX has two primary revenue drivers: its traditional DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management products (DDI), which accounted for 84 percent of revenue last quarter, and its DNS security products, which contributed the remaining 16 percent.

"When the "-A" product refresh cycle stopped at the end of calendar 2015, so did growth in DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management products. In light of this, we believe the DDI market is likely to generate low to mid single-digit year-over-year growth for the foreseeable future," analyst Mark Kelleher wrote in a note.

"With 84% of revenue from this group, we expect the overall growth headwind to persist for the next several quarters," Kelleher continued.

The analyst noted that the company's competitive position remains weak as indicated by the third quarter results. The takeover speculation by private equity firms has added a premium to the stock.

"Given the lack of visibility to revenue growth and the potential that an actual buy-out does NOT materialize, we are reiterating our UNDERPERFORM rating on BLOX with a price target of $18.00," Kelleher added.

Latest Ratings for BLOX

DateFirmActionFromTo
Oct 2016DowngradesOverweightEqual-weight
Sep 2016DowngradesBuyNeutral
Sep 2016UpgradesSellHold

View More Analyst Ratings for BLOX
View the Latest Analyst Ratings

Posted-In: D.A. Davidson Mark KelleherAnalyst Color Price Target Previews Reiteration Analyst Ratings Trading Ideas

 

Related Articles (BLOX)

View Comments and Join the Discussion!

Latest Ratings

StockFirmActionPT
PTONBank of AmericaInitiates Coverage On29.0
ITRICanaccord GenuityMaintains87.0
GWPHNeedhamInitiates Coverage On200.0
BABairdDowngrades
LUVStifelDowngrades60.0
View the Latest Analytics Ratings
Don't Miss Any Updates!
News Directly in Your Inbox
Subscribe to:
Benzinga Trading Daily
Get pre-market outlook, mid-day update and after-market roundup emails in your inbox.
Market in 5 Minutes
Everything you need to know about the market - quick & easy.
Daily Analyst Rating
A summary of each day’s top rating changes from sell-side analysts on the street.
Thank You

Thank you for subscribing! If you have any questions feel free to call us at 1-877-440-ZING or email us at vipaccounts@benzinga.com

A Cascade Of Corporate Exec Hires This Week

Analysts At UBS Want Off The Express Train, Downgrade To Sell