Market Overview

JPMorgan Goes Overweight Gaming REIT, Says Gaming & Leisure Dividend Is 'Safe'

Share:

Geographic diversification limits the impact of a decline in any one regional market on the performance of Gaming and Leisure Properties Inc (NASDAQ: GLPI). JPMorgan’s Joseph Greff reinitiated coverage of the company with an Overweight rating and a price target of $39.

Dividend Safe

At the current level’s, Gaming and Leisure’s stock offers “an attractive and relatively safe dividend yield,” analyst Joseph Greff mentioned, while adding that this is supported by the REIT’s “increasingly diverse base of regional properties.” Moreover, Gaming and Leisure’s stock is attractive in relation to other triple net lease [TNL] REITs.

Greff expects 80 percent of AFFO to continue to be deployed into dividend and dividend growth, and believes that the other 20 percent of AFFO would be used to improve balance sheet leverage. Gaming and Leisure’s yearend 2017 net leverage estimate is at the lower end of other TNL REITs.

Geographic Diversification

Gaming and Leisure has a presence in more than 20 markets, and no property represents more than 8 percent of property GGR. “We think this increased diversification will serve to limit the effect of a decline in any one regional market,” the analyst wrote.

Latest Ratings for GLPI

DateFirmActionFromTo
Oct 2020Deutsche BankMaintainsBuy
Oct 2020Morgan StanleyMaintainsOverweight
Oct 2020StifelMaintainsBuy

View More Analyst Ratings for GLPI
View the Latest Analyst Ratings

 

Related Articles (GLPI)

View Comments and Join the Discussion!

Posted-In: Joseph Greff JPMorganAnalyst Color Long Ideas Initiation Analyst Ratings Trading Ideas

Latest Ratings

StockFirmActionPT
OCJP MorganUpgrades78.0
NUVABairdDowngrades56.0
NTCTLake StreetDowngrades26.0
MDCWells FargoUpgrades46.0
IPHIMorgan StanleyDowngrades159.0
View the Latest Analytics Ratings
Don't Miss Any Updates!
News Directly in Your Inbox
Subscribe to:
Benzinga Premarket Activity
Get pre-market outlook, mid-day update and after-market roundup emails in your inbox.
Market in 5 Minutes
Everything you need to know about the market - quick & easy.
Fintech Focus
A daily collection of all things fintech, interesting developments and market updates.
Thank You

Thank you for subscribing! If you have any questions feel free to call us at 1-877-440-ZING or email us at vipaccounts@benzinga.com