Market Overview

UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Initiates Coverage On KLX

Share:

D.A. Davidson initiated coverage on KLX Inc (NASDAQ: KLXI) Thursday with a Neutral rating and $44 price target.

Analysts JB Groh and Alex Heinen felt the company is fairly valued while its price target was “based on KLXI shares trading at ~9.0x our estimated Aerospace Solutions Group (ASG) FY16 EBITDA, plus ~3.5x our estimated Energy Services Group (ESG) FY16 EBITDA.

“We believe ASG deserves an industry multiple, while we have awarded ESG a multiple slightly below peers. ASG generated ~76 percent of the company’s last 12 months pro-forma revenue, while ESG accounted for the remaining ~24 percent.”

Groh added that “KLX’s ASG division is the world’s leading distributor and value-added service provider of aerospace fasteners and consumables. Its product suite ranges from fasteners and bearings to electrical and chemical offerings. With ~80 percent of its revenues coming from the commercial aerospace market, the segment is highly correlated with the global airline industry.”

“ESG provides a broad range of technical solutions and equipment to the oil field services industry across North America. With a significant presence in most major oil producing formations across the United States, its services account for ~78 percent of U.S. onshore oil production and ~84 percent of U.S. onshore natural gas production,” according to the analyst note.

The firm established “a 2014 adjusted EPS estimate of $2.36 on revenue of $1.71 billion. We have assumed revenue growth of ~32 percent, primarily due to the recent acquisitions in ESG. For 2015 we have assumed revenue growth of ~10 percent, for total revenue of $1.88 billion. Our EPS estimate for 2015 is $3.40. Our FY16 EPS of $3.75 is based on revenue of $1.97 billion.”

KLX recently traded at $42.45.

Posted-In: Alex Heinen D.A. Davidson JB GrohAnalyst Color Price Target Initiation Analyst Ratings

 

Related Articles

View Comments and Join the Discussion!

Latest Ratings

StockFirmActionPT
SPLKCleveland ResearchDowngrades
IQVWolfe ResearchUpgrades
PRAHWolfe ResearchUpgrades
DEBank of AmericaDowngrades
SYYCitigroupMaintains84.0
View the Latest Analytics Ratings
Don't Miss Any Updates!
News Directly in Your Inbox
Subscribe to:
Benzinga Trading Daily
Get pre-market outlook, mid-day update and after-market roundup emails in your inbox.
Market in 5 Minutes
Everything you need to know about the market - quick & easy.
Daily Analyst Rating
A summary of each day’s top rating changes from sell-side analysts on the street.
Thank You

Thank you for subscribing! If you have any questions feel free to call us at 1-877-440-ZING or email us at vipaccounts@benzinga.com

UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Downgrades Valero Energy

An Early Holiday Gift? 'Extended' Tax Breaks Head To Obama's Desk