Travel and Tourism Market Research in Kenya to 2018
Most up-to-date research on "Travel and Tourism in Kenya to 2018" to its huge collection of research reports.
The report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Kenyan travel and tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in Kenya for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as accommodation, sightseeing and entertainment, foodservice, transport, retail, travel intermediaries and others
- Detailed market classification across each category, with analysis using similar metrics
- Detailed analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries
- OverviewTable of contentsList of tablesList of figures
Browse Detail Report With TOC @ http://www.researchmoz.us/travel-and-tourism-in-kenya-to-2018-report.html
Kenya’s travel and tourism sector performed well during the review period (2009−2013), with growth recorded in both domestic and international tourist volumes. The government has been making continuous efforts to develop and promote tourism through infrastructure development, hosting business events and meetings, and improving trade relations with other countries.
This report provides an extensive analysis related to the tourism demands and flows in Kenya:
- It details historical values for the Kenyan tourism sector for 2009–2013, along with forecast figures for 2014–2018
- It provides comprehensive analysis of travel and tourism demand factors, with values for both the 2009–2013 review period and the 2014–2018 forecast period
- The report provides a detailed analysis and forecast of domestic, inbound and outbound tourist flows in Kenya.
- It provides comprehensive analysis of the trends in the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries, with values for both the 2009–2013 review period and the 2014–2018 forecast period.
Reasons to buy
- Take strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the travel and tourism sector in Kenya.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the Kenyan travel and tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities.
Browse Reports in Travel Services @ http://www.researchmoz.us/travel-services-market-reports-154.html
- Domestic tourism is the major driving force of the Kenyan tourism sector. The total number of domestic trips rose from 18.1 million in 2009 to 21.1 million in 2013, at a review-period CAGR of 3.82%, driven by an increase in mean household income and the spending power of domestic consumers.
- According to the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA), Kenya was the second-most-preferred conference and business tourism destination in Africa in 2012. This is a result of the rising number of international meetings and events hosted in Kenya. In 2012, Kenya hosted a total of 29 conferences, of which 22 were in Nairobi.
- During the World Travel Market (WTM) in November 2013, three East African countries – Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda – announced plans to start a single tourist visa policy from January 2014. The aim of the collaboration is to develop the tourism sector in the three countries.
- International arrivals to Kenya increased at a review-period CAGR of 0.74%, from 1.39 million in 2009 to 1.4 million in 2013. However, international arrivals to Kenya fell from 1.8 million in 2011 to 1.6 million and 1.4 million in 2012 and 2013 respectively. This decrease is primarily due to increased terrorist attacks in the country, which have led to several countries such as the US, the UK, Australia and France advising against travel to Kenya.
- Outbound tourists from Kenya rose from 719,362 in 2009 to 920,918 in 2013, at a review-period CAGR of 6.37%. Business accounted for 64.5% of all outbound trips in 2013, making it the leading reason for travel. Trade relations with several countries can be attributed for this growth. For example, the bilateral trade value between Kenya and the UAE reached KES85.0 billion (US$1.0 billion) in 2012. The governments of the two countries, which initially signed a double taxation agreement in 2011, further strengthened trade ties during the Kenya-UAE investor’s conference in Nairobi in 2013.
- The airline market in Kenya performed significantly well during the review period, with total revenue rising from KES61.8 billion (US$0.8 billion) in 2009 to KES78.6 billion (US$0.9 billion) in 2013 at a CAGR of 6.20%. The growth in air travel is due to the rising middle-class population, which constitutes 44.9% of the total population, and uses low-cost flights as an affordable means of travel.
- The number of hotel establishments in the country grew from 790 in 2009 to 855 in 2013. The number of rooms recorded growth at a review-period CAGR of 2.55%. Total hotel revenue increased from KES62.4 billion (US$0.8 billion) in 2009 to KES83.6 billion (US$1 billion) in 2013. However, total hotel revenue was severely affected during 2012 and 2013 as a result of increasing terrorist attacks, such as the Westgate Mall attack in 2013, which negatively impacted international tourist volumes in the country.
- Kenya’s car rental market value increased at a review-period CAGR of 4.66% to reach KES5.5 billion (US$0.06 billion) in 2013. Overall, 93.7% of car rental revenues were generated at non-airport locations in 2013. Leisure car rentals accounted for 65% of the total car rental value in 2013, as compared to business car rentals with 20.7%. Leisure car rentals also recorded the highest review-period CAGR of 5.87%, driven by domestic demand and a rising number of international events and meetings hosted in the country.
- Kenya’s travel intermediaries’ market value increased at a review-period CAGR of 11.03% to reach KES34.2 billion (US$0.4 billion) in 2013. As internet penetration rises, however, the online travel market is expected to grow. The online channel’s market value increased from KES698.5 million (US$9.03 million) in 2009 to KES1,402.0 million (US$16.3 million) in 2013, at a review-period CAGR of 19.03%.
For More Reports Browse @ https://www.linkedin.com/today/author/68229468
ResearchMoz is the one stop online destination to find and buy market research reports & Industry Analysis. We fulfill all your research needs spanning across industry verticals with our huge collection of market research reports. We provide our services to all sizes of organizations and across all industry verticals and markets. Our Research Coordinators have in-depth knowledge of reports as well as publishers and will assist you in making an informed decision by giving you unbiased and deep insights on which reports will satisfy your needs at the best price.
For More Information Kindly Contact:
The following article is from one of our external contributors. It does not represent the opinion of Benzinga and has not been edited.