US crude oil futures traded sharply higher this morning on Friday. Investors, meanwhile, focused on some notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.3
Star Equity Holdings
- The Trade: Star Equity Holdings, Inc. STRR Executive Chairman Jeffrey E Eberwein bought a total of 13,577 shares at an average price of $1.00. To acquire these shares, it cost around $13.64 thousand.
- What’s Happening: Star Equity Holdings is expected to release Q3 financial results on November 11.
- What Star Equity Holdings Does: Star Equity Holdings Inc is a diversified holding company with three divisions: Healthcare, Construction, and Investments.
Emmaus Life Sciences
- The Trade: Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc. EMMA Chairman and CEO Yutaka Niihara acquired a total of 27,500 shares at an average price of $0.44. The insider spent around $11.97 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: The company’s stocks declined around 36% over the past six months.
- What Emmaus Life Sciences Does: Emmaus Life Sciences Inc is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, and commercialization of new treatments and therapies primarily for rare and orphan diseases.
- The Trade: Aware, Inc. AWRE CEO and President Robert A Eckel acquired a total of 25,000 shares at an average price of $1.55. To acquire these shares, it cost around $38.75 thousand.
- What’s Happening: Aware recently reported worse-than-expected Q3 sales.
- What Aware Does: Aware Inc is a provider of software and services to the biometrics industry.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.