US stock futures traded slightly lower this morning on Monday. Investors, meanwhile, focused on some notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.3
- The Trade: BioCardia, Inc. BCDA President and CEO Peter Altman acquired a total of 15,000 shares at an average price of $1.24. To acquire these shares, it cost $18.59 thousand.
- What’s Happening: The company recently posted narrower-than-expected quarterly loss.
- What BioCardia Does: BioCardia Inc is a clinical stage regenerative medicine company. It is developing therapeutics for cardiovascular diseases with large unmet medical needs.
- The Trade: Drive Shack Inc. DS Director Wesley R Edens acquired a total of 2,000,000 shares at an average price of $1.14. The insider spent around $2.27 million to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: Drive Shack recently reported first-quarter FY22 sales growth of 12.9% year-on-year to $68.98 million, beating the consensus of $65.40 million.
- What Drive Shack Does: Drive Shack Inc is an owner and operator of golf-related leisure and entertainment businesses. The company conducts its business through three primary segments: Traditional Golf properties, Entertainment Golf venues and corporate.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here .
- The Trade: FreightCar America, Inc. RAIL 10% owner Alejandro Gil acquired a total of 52,090 shares at an average price of $3.68. To acquire these shares, it cost around $191.48 thousand.
- What’s Happening: Freightcar America recently reported worse-than-expected Q1 EPS results.
- What FreightCar America Does: FreightCar America Inc is a diversified manufacturer of railcars and railcar components in North America. The company design and manufacture a broad variety of freight cars including covered hoppers, open-top hoppers, gondolas, intermodal, and non-intermodal flat cars that transport numerous types of dry bulk and containerized freight products.
- The Trade: Compass Therapeutics, Inc. CMPX 10% owner Orbimed Genesis Gp Llc acquired a total of 192,516 shares at an average price of $2.18. The insider spent $420.48 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: Compass Therapeutics recently posted a Q1 loss of $0.07 per share.
- What Compass Therapeutics Does: Compass Therapeutics Inc is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that develops proprietary antibody therapeutics intended to engage the immune system to treat both solid tumors and hematological malignancies.
- The Trade: iMedia Brands, Inc. IMBI Director Eyal Lalo acquired a total of 390,880 shares at an average price of $3.07. The insider spent $1.2 million to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: iMedia Brands said it sees Q1 sales of $154 million to $157 million.
- What iMedia Brands Does: iMedia Brands Inc is a global interactive media company that manages a portfolio of shopping television networks and web service businesses, primarily in North America, for English and Spanish speaking audiences.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.