UK stocks rebounded on Tuesday after recording worst session since late November during the previous session. The CBI's quarterly gauge of manufacturing optimism fell to -9 in the first quarter compared to +2 in the prior three-month period.
When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: BitNile Holdings, Inc. NILE Executive Chairman Milton C. Ault III acquired a total of 105,000 shares at an average price of $0.88. To acquire these shares, it cost $91.96 thousand.
- What’s Happening: BitNile recently reported a partnership with Ed Carpenter Racing to sponsor No. 20 BitNile Chevrolet for 2022 NTT INDYCAR SERIES.
- What BitNile Does: BitNile Holdings Inc is engaged in providing Bitcoin mining, data center operations, and decentralized finance (DeFi) initiatives.
Star Equity Holdings
- The Trade: Star Equity Holdings, Inc. STRR Chief Financial Officer David Noble acquired a total of 30,000 shares at an average price of $1.49. The insider spent $44.7 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: Star Equity recently priced a $14.25 million underwritten public offering.
- What Star Equity Does: Star Equity Holdings Inc is a diversified holding company with three divisions: Diagnostic Services, Diagnostic Imaging, Building and Construction, Real Estate, and Investments.
- The Trade: Optex Systems Holdings, Inc OPXS CFO Karen L Hawkins acquired a total of 34,116 shares at an average price of $1.78. To acquire these shares, it cost $60.67 thousand.
- What’s Happening: The company’s shares have jumped around 12% over the previous six months.
- What Optex Systems Does: Optex Systems Holdings Inc manufactures optical sighting systems and assemblies for the U.S. Department of Defense, foreign military applications, and commercial markets.
Check out these stocks insiders are selling
- The Trade: PLAYSTUDIOS, Inc. MYPS Chairman and CEO Andrew Pascal acquired a total of 26,000 shares at an average price of $0.20. The insider spent $122.88 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: The company’s shares dropped around 8% over the past month.
- What PLAYSTUDIOS Does: PLAYSTUDIOS Inc is engaged in gaming and related business. Some of the games offered by the company include My Vegas Bingo, My Vegas Slots, POP Slots, and Kingdom Boss.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Posted In: Long IdeasNewsPenny StocksSmall CapInsider TradesMarketsTrading IdeasPenny Stocks Insider Buying