When insiders purchase shares, it indicates their confidence in the company's prospects or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the stock. Insider purchases should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider purchases. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: Delcath Systems, Inc’s DCTH Gerard Michel acquired a total of 23200 shares at an average price of $8.61. To acquire these shares, it cost $199,752.00..
- What’s Happening: The company, last month, reported a narrower-than-expected quarterly loss.
- What Delcath Systems Does: Delcath Systems Inc is an oncology company. It is focused on the treatment of primary and metastatic liver cancers. The firm's product candidate, Melphalan Hydrochloride for Injection for use with the Delcath Hepatic Delivery System, or Melphalan/HDS, is designed to administer high-dose chemotherapy to the liver while controlling systemic exposure and associated side effects.
- The Trade: Warby Parker Inc. WRBY 10% owner Durable Capital Partners Lp acquired a total of 557592 shares at an average price of $46.52. To acquire these shares, it cost $25,940,056.31.
- What’s Happening: Warby Parker, last month, reported better-than-expected Q3 sales results and raised FY21 net sales guidance above estimates.
- What Warby Parker Does: Warby Parker Inc is engaged in designing and development of designer prescription glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
- The Trade: Kirkland's, Inc. KIRK Director Charles Pleas, III bought a total of 10000 shares at an average price of $14.41. To acquire these shares, it cost $144,097.00.
- What’s Happening: Kirkland's, last week, reported worse-than-expected Q3 EPS and sales results.
- What Kirkland's Does: Kirkland's Inc is a specialty retailer of home decor and gifts in the United States. Its stores provide various merchandise, including holiday decor, framed arts, furniture, ornamental wall decor, fragrance and accessories, mirrors, lamps, decorative accessories, textiles, housewares, gifts, artificial floral products, frames, clocks, and outdoor living items.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.