Why Cathie Wood Bought $72.4M In Twitter As Stock Tanked Post Earnings-Report
Cathie Wood-led Ark Investment Management bought over 1.3 million shares, worth about $72.42 million, in Twitter Inc (NYSE:TWTR) on Friday as the stock slumped after the social media company reported lower-than-expected user growth in the first quarter.
Why Ark Sees Upside To TWTR: Twitter shares closed 15.16% lower at $55.22 on Friday. The stock has a 52-week high of $80.75 and a low of $27.12.
See also: How to Buy Twitter (TWTR) Stock
Twitter is ARKK's thirty-fourth largest investment among a total of 58 stocks and ARKW's eighth largest investment among a total of 53 stocks.
Twitter reported year-over-year revenue growth of 28% to $1.04 billion in the first quarter, lower than peers. The social media company grew its monetizable daily active users (mDAUs) 20% year-over-year to 199 million, just shy of the 200 million expected.
“Given the recent product announcements centered around Twitter Spaces, a live audio feature, we believe that future user growth could surprise to the upside,” Ark said in a note to investors over the weekend.
Other Trades: Ark Investment Management continued to snap up Teladoc Health Inc (NYSE:TDOC), buying a total of 261,041 shares worth about $44.99 million on Friday in the telemedicine company, via the Ark Genomic Revolution ETF (BATS:ARKG), ARKK and the ARKW.
The New York-based investment firm also bought 73,019 shares, via ARKW, of the Chinese e-commerce giant Pinduoduo Inc (NASDAQ:PDD) amid reports of China’s fresh regulatory probes against tech giants.
Other Ark Buys On Friday:
- CM Life Sciences II Inc (NASDAQ:CMIIU)
- Zymergen Inc (NASDAQ:ZY)
- 908 Devices (NASDAQ:MASS)
- Recursion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:RXRX)
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:IONS)
- Iridium Communications (NASDAQ:IRDM)
- Jaws Spitfire Acquisition (NYSE:SPFR)
- Galileo Acquisitions Corp (NYSE:GLEO)
- 3D Systems Corp (NYSE:DDD)
- Tencent Holdings Ltd (OTC:TCEHY)
Other Ark Sells On Friday:
- Phreesia (NYSE:PHR)
- Pluristem Therapeutics (NASDAQ:PSTI)
- Pure Storage Inc (NYSE:PSTG)
- PACCAR (NASDAQ:PCAR)
- Roku Inc (NASDAQ:ROKU)
- Sea Ltd (NYSE:SE)
- Teradyne Inc (NASDAQ:TER)
- Organovo Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:ONVO)
- Zillow Group (NASDAQ:ZG)
- Nvidia Corp (NASDAQ:NVDA)
- Silvergate Capital (NYSE:SI)
- Agora Inc (NASDAQ:API)
- PayPal Inc (NASDAQ:PYPL)
- LendingTree Inc (NASDAQ:TREE)
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.