7 Stocks To Watch Amid Baton Rouge Tragedy
Another shooting tragedy struck the United States this weekend.
On Sunday morning, three police officers died and several others were injured during an early morning shooting on Airline Highway near Old Hammond Highway in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. One suspect is dead and two others may still be at large, as of 1 p.m. ET.
“I walked out into the street to see what was going on, there was a man lying in the street," one witness said, according to WAFB 9. "I assume he was dead because he wasn’t moving."
The witness believes the shooting started before police arrived and said, “this was not a come at police shooting."
History has shown that in the wake of these events, gun and other law enforcement-related stocks have seen tremendous attention, with some small-cap stocks running up as much as 110 percent in one day.
Benzinga took a look at the five most recent mass shooting in the US. In the one month following the shootings, Sturm, Ruger & Company (NYSE: RGR) delivered an average gain of 8.7 percent, while Smith & Wesson Holding Corp (NASDAQ: SWHC) surged an average of 16.1 percent.
Here are five related stocks to keep an eye on this week:
- TASER International, Inc. (NASDAQ: TASR), which is is engaged in development, manufacture and sale of conducted electrical weapons designed for use by law enforcement, military, corrections and private security personnel, and by private individuals.
- Digital Ally, Inc. (NASDAQ: DGLY), a producer of digital video image and storage products for use in law enforcement.
- Vicon Industries, Inc. (NYSE: VII), a developer of video management software. The company's clients includes government entities and also operates within the electronic protection segment of the security sector, including burglar alarm systems.
- COPsync Inc (NASDAQ: COYN) operates a law enforcement mobile data information system that includes real-time, in-car information sharing, communication and data interoperability network.
- Image Sensing Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: ISNS) develops and markets video and radar processing products for use in traffic, security, police and parking applications.
Did you like this article? Could it have been improved? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the story link to let us know!
© 2020 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.