Learn About Regulations, Infrastructure and More at the Fourth Annual RegTech New York
Are you prepared to face the new regulatory, infrastructural and environmental challenges that await the financial community?
On Wednesday, November 7, the world's best and brightest minds will come together at the Westin Times Square for the Fourth Annual RegTech New York. Designed to address "top of mind" issues that are important to the trading community, the event is being hosted by The Mankoff Company.
RegTech New York is purposely held after trading hours to prevent attendees from having to take time away from the desk. The event is described as providing an "optimum combination of topical discussion and industry networking at a cocktail reception immediately following the panels."
The event begins at 6:00 p.m. EDT with a panel entitled, "Regulation, Risk and How this will Impact Trading." The panel promises to address the following:
- How the latest SEC/FINRA initiatives will impact trading
- Assessing the debate as to whether technological developments have improved the effectiveness of markets to serve the real economy
- What does the ongoing economic crisis mean for the trading community and how do you navigate amongst choppy waters?
- HFT: What will the regulators determine needs to be done for oversight? How will that affect trading?
- G20 Accords, Dodd-Frank, the Volcker Rule -- What does this all mean to the trading community?
At 6:45 guests will be treated to another panel, "Challenges and Opportunities in Technology Infrastructure: Big Data, Cloud and Buy vs. Build." This panel will address:
- The need for accurate and reliable data and the tools needed to manage and optimize its effective use
- Bringing technology infrastructure back in-house: What do you need to know?
- Competitive advantage while controlling cost: Buy or to build: How do you know which path to take? Addressing connectivity challenges and just how low will latency go?
- Identification and implementation of cloud models and service providers which best relate to your business
- Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) vs. Google (NASDAQ: GOOG): How do they stack up today?
Follow me @LouisBedigianBZ
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.