The Dow Jones closed higher by more than 400 points on Wednesday following strong projections from PayPal Holdings, Inc. PYPL and CVS Health Corporation CVS
Below is a look at the major economic reports scheduled for release today.
- The Challenger job-cut report for July is scheduled for release at 7:30 a.m. ET.
- International trade report for June will be released at 8:30 a.m. ET. Analysts expect a deficit of $81.9 billion for total goods and services trade in June, compared to a $85.5 billion gap in the previous month.
- Data on initial jobless claims for the latest week will be released at 8:30 a.m. ET. Jobless claims are expected to come in at 260,000 for the July 30 week, up from 256,000 in the previous week.
- The Energy Information Administration’s weekly report on natural gas stocks in underground storage will be released at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- The Treasury is set to auction 4-and 8-week bills at 11:30 a.m. ET.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland President Loretta Mester is set to speak at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Check out our premarket coverage here
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.