- Wendy's Co WEN reported a fourth-quarter FY21 sales decline of 0.24% year-on-year, to $473.2 million, beating the consensus of $460.45 million.
- Adjusted revenues decreased 2.3% to $373.4 million.
- Systemwide sales in the U.S. fell 0.7%, and International increased 13.5%. Global same-restaurant sales growth was 7.3%.
- The company-operated restaurant margin contracted by 310 basis points to 14.5%.
- General and administrative expenses declined 8.5% Y/Y to $64.4 million.
- The operating margin was 16.3%, and operating income for the quarter fell 2.1% Y/Y to $76.9 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA decreased 10.3% Y/Y to $102.7 million.
- Adjusted EPS of $0.16 beat the consensus of $0.15.
- The company held $366.9 million in cash and equivalents as of January 2, 2022. Cash provided by operating activities for twelve months totaled $345.7 million.
- Buyback: The company’s board approved a $100 million new share repurchase program.
- The company recently increased the quarterly cash dividend rate by 4% to $0.125 from $0.12 per share, payable on March 15, 2022, to shareholders of record as of March 7, 2022.
- Outlook: Wendy’s sees FY22 adjusted EPS of $0.87 - $0.91 versus the consensus of $0.89.
- The company expects FY22 global systemwide sales growth of 6% to 8%.
- Price Action: WEN shares are trading lower by 1.89% at $22.31 on the last check Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.