10x Genomics Inc TXG reported Q4 sales of $143.5 million, missing the consensus of $148.53 million.
- Sales increased 28% Y/Y, primarily due to increased consumables revenue driven by growth in cumulative instruments sold.
- The gross margin was 81% for the fourth quarter of 2021 compared to 83% a year ago. The decrease in gross margin was primarily due to the impact of shifting product mix, partially offset by decreased costs related to ramping the company's second manufacturing facility.
- The installed base of Chromium systems grew to more than 3,500.
- The firm's net loss was $(0.16) per share, compared to a loss of $(3.87) in Q4 2020 and missing the average Wall Street estimate of a $(0.09) loss per share.
- Operating loss was $(15.8) million versus $(409.6) million last year, which included $406.9 million of in-process research and development expense related to the acquisition of ReadCoor.
- 10x Genomics held $587.4 million in cash and equivalents at the end of Q4.
- Guidance: 10x Genomics expects FY22 revenue of $600 million - $630 million, representing Y/Y growth of 22% - 28%, lower than the consensus of $679.87 million.
- Price Action: TXG shares traded 22.09% lower at $74.00 during pre-market trading on Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.