Groupon Shares Remain Down After Earnings
On the call, management provided color on its different business sectors:
- Groupon Getaways will be meaningful percentage of business in the long-run. Happy with the progress, but too early to report numbers on it.
- Management declined to provide specific guidance on cash flow.
- Groupon Goods had 6% direct margin in North America.
- The company is trying hard to embrace a "one playbook" strategy for all 500 markets its involved in.
- Increased active deal count in North America by over 300%.
- Shifting to a searchable marketplace strategy; let consumers find deals on demand.
- Groupon Goods has no trouble working with vendors. Companies love selling with Groupon Goods to clear inventory or test out new products.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.