Benzinga Mid-Morning Market Update
Midway through the morning on Tuesday, the Dow is up about 0.39 percent, up roughly 52.35 points. The NASDAQ is also trading up, about 0.39 percent or roughly 52.35 points. The S&P is up 8.84 points or 0.61%.
Spain's Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy made a few comments about new tax programs to be enacted, but said he had not yet decided on whether or not to take the ECB bond buying program.
Other notable news:
- Lucas Energy (NYSE: LEI) announced a $1.32 million equity offering.
- Synalloy (NASDAQ: SYNL) announced its acquisition of Palmer of Texas.
- U.S. Trade Balance numbers came in at -$42.0B versus -$44.0B estimate, with the revised prior number coming in at -$41.9B.
- Mediware (NASDAQ: MEDW) posted a $0.07 earnings beat, and its share price rallied about 1.52% to $15.99.
- RG Barryoration (NASDAQ: DFZ) also posted an earnings beat, coming in $0.05 above estimates. Shares jumped 2.34% to $14.90.
- Hanwha SolarOne (NASDAQ: HSOL) posted an earnings miss, reporting earnings at $0.15 below estimates. Shares fell 2.83% to $1.03.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.