10 Notable Stocks Trading Ex-Dividend Thursday, December 1
It’s critical to know whether a stock you plan on buying has an ex-dividend status, because in case it does, the dividend would be paid out to the seller. The person who owns the stock on the ex-dividend date will be awarded the payment, which means that you’ll have to wait for the next dividend cycle to receive your first dividend payout from the company.
On the other hand, share prices typically decline just after the ex-dividend date is declared, and usually by an amount equal to the expected dividend. So, this may give you the opportunity to identify a good entry point. If you’re planning on selling shares on or after the ex-dividend date, you'll receive the dividend payout from the company.
Here is the list of stocks going ex-dividend on Thursday.
- Chico's FAS, Inc. (NYSE: CHS) - $0.0800 dividend, 2.2873 percent yield. Chico's FAS shares have jumped 27.08 percent over the past 52 weeks, while the S&P 500 index has gained 5.97 percent in the same period.
- International Game Technology (NYSE: IGT) - $0.2000 dividend, 2.6534 percent yield. International Game Technology, based in London, the United Kingdom, was incorporated in 2014.
- Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE) - $0.1800 dividend, 1.3956 percent yield. Nike is projected to release Q2 earnings on December 20, 2016.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ADR) (NYSE: TEVA) - $0.3400 dividend, 3.3146 percent yield. Teva shares have declined 39.84 percent over the past 52 weeks, while the S&P 500 index has gained 5.97 percent in the same period.
- Cedar Fair, L.P. (NYSE: FUN) - $0.8550 dividend, 6.0381 percent yield. Cedar Fair, based in Sandusky, Ohio, owns and operates amusement and water parks, and hotels in the U.S. and Canada.
- H & R Block Inc (NYSE: HRB) - $0.2200 dividend, 3.9927 percent yield. H & R Block is expected to release FQ2 earnings on December 7, 2016.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) - $0.9000 dividend, 1.4671 percent yield. Northrop Grumman shares have climbed 35.11 percent over the past 52 weeks, while the S&P 500 index has gained 5.97 percent in the same period.
- Principal Financial Group Inc (NYSE: PFG) - $0.4300 dividend, 3.2114 percent yield. Principal Financial, based in Des Moines, Iowa, was founded in 1879.
- Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ: JACK) - $0.4000 dividend, 5.0346 percent yield. Jack in the Box shares have jumped 41.56 percent over the past 52 weeks, while the S&P 500 index has gained 5.97 percent in the same period.
- Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC) - $0.2200 dividend, 3.9216 percent yield. Regal Entertainment, based in Knoxville, Tennessee, operates as a motion picture exhibitor in the U.S.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.