- American International Group AIG terminated Mark Lyons from his position as AIG's Interim Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President, Global Chief Actuary, and Head of Portfolio Management.
- The move followed after the company became aware that he violated his confidentiality/non-disclosure obligations to the company.
- These violations were unrelated to AIG's financial statements, financial reporting generally, related disclosure controls and procedures, or reserves.
- Also Read: Insurer AIG Gets $85B Government Bailout 14 Years Ago Today.
- Sabra Purtill has been named AIG's Interim Chief Financial Officer, and Turab Hussain has been named AIG's Interim Global Chief Actuary.
- Ms. Purtill previously served as Chief Investment Officer of Corebridge Financial.
- Mr. Hussain previously served as AIG's Chief Risk Officer, General Insurance.
- Mr. Lyons joined the company in 2018 and previously served as the CFO. He took on the interim position earlier this month because CFO Shane Fitzsimons has taken a temporary medical leave of absence.
- Price Action: AIG shares closed at $63.17 on Monday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Posted In: NewsManagementGeneralBriefs