- Nikola Corp NKLA said it is moving its battery manufacturing from Cypress, California, to its Arizona manufacturing facility.
- The move will bring Nikola's truck assembly, fuel cell power module assembly, and battery module and pack production under one roof.
- It also will include battery line automation to improve quality and increase efficiencies.
- The company intends to maintain manufacturing operations in Cypress through the end of Q2 2023 while it works through a transition plan.
- Also Read: Allison Transmission Partners With Nikola For EV Testing
- A battery engineering presence is expected to remain in California at a separate facility to focus on the development of Nikola's next-generation battery management system software and modules.
- "This decision reinforces our commitment to finding ways to optimize our cost structure and create a sustainable business model," said CEO Michael Lohscheller.
- The move is expected to be complete by the early third quarter.
- Price Action: NKLA shares are trading higher by 0.86% at $2.53 on the last check Friday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Posted In: NewsPenny StocksSmall CapGeneralBriefs