- British American Tobacco PLC BTI has provided a trading update and confidence in delivering its 2022 guidance.
- The company expects FY22 revenue growth of 2% - 4% at constant currency rates and a mid-single figure adjusted diluted EPS growth at constant currency rates, including a transactional FX headwind of 2%.
- The company expects net finance costs for FY22 to be above £1.6 billion, driven by rising interest rates and U.S. dollar strength.
- The company also reported confidence in delivering its target of £5 billion revenue, and profitability by 2025.
- In addition, the company expects its three-year Quantum programme to deliver over £1.5 billion in annualized cost savings by the end of 2022.
- In the U.S., the company said industry volumes remain under pressure due to ongoing macro-economic factors and post-COVID normalization of consumption patterns.
- British American Tobacco expects to deliver strong adjusted operating margin improvement despite increasing inflation in its supply chain.
- Price Action: BTI shares are trading lower by 2.93% at $40.80 in premarket on the last check Thursday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.