- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co HPE has expressed takeover interest in cloud computing company Nutanix, Inc NTNX.
- HPE has held talks with Nutanix in recent months. Bloomberg reports.
- San Jose, California-based Nutanix sells cloud software and services to companies.
- On Wednesday, it reported revenue of $434 million for the first quarter of its fiscal year, topping estimates by 15%.
- In September, Nutanix said it planned to implement a series of governance changes, including ensuring all directors stand for election each year and amending its shareholder voting rights.
- In October, Nutanix weighed a sale after getting takeover interest.
- Last month, activist investor Legion Partners Asset Management also encouraged the board to properly evaluate alternatives, including all potential partners, after reports of the inbound interest surfaced.
- HPE projected revenue for the current quarter that beat analyst expectations, suggesting corporations continue upgrading their technology infrastructure in an uncertain economy.
- Price Action: NTNX shares closed higher by 4.42% at $29.51 on Wednesday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.