U.S. stocks closed mixed on Thursday with the Nasdaq Composite dropping around 180 points amid losses in Microsoft Corporation MSFT and Apple Inc. AAPL shares.
Let’s have a look at the major economic events scheduled for today.
- Data on personal income and outlays for September will be released at 8:30 a.m. ET. Personal income, which gained 0.3% in the previous month, is expected to increase again by 0.3% in September. Analysts expect personal consumption expenditures rising 0.4%, while inflation readings are projected at monthly gains of 0.3% for September.
- The Employment Cost Index for the third quarter is scheduled for release at 8:30 a.m. ET. After the second quarter's 1.3% increase, analysts expect employment costs rising 1.2% in the third quarter.
- The University of Michigan's consumer sentiment index for October will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET. Consumer sentiment is projected to end the October month at 59.7 compared to 59.8 at mid-month.
- The pending home sales index for September is scheduled for release at 10:00 a.m. ET. Pending home sales are likely to decline 3.8% in September.
- The Baker Hughes North American rig count report for the latest week will be released at 1:00 p.m. ET.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.