U.S. stocks closed higher on Tuesday with the Nasdaq Composite jumping more than 200 points amid gains in Microsoft Corporation MSFT and Apple Inc AAPL shares.
Let’s have a look at the major economic events scheduled for today.
- The MBA's index of mortgage application activity for the latest week is scheduled for release at 7:00 a.m. ET.
- Data on international trade in goods for September will be released at 8:30 a.m. ET. The US goods deficit is projected to widen to $87.8 billion in September after narrowing to $87.3 billion in August.
- Data on wholesale inventories for September will be released at 8:30 a.m. ET. Analysts expect wholesale inventories rising 1.1% in the advance report for September compared to a 1.3% increase in August.
- Data on new home sales for September will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET. Analysts expect new home sales coming in at a 585,000 rate in September following a 685,000 annualized rate in the previous month.
- The State Street Investor Confidence Index for October is schedule for released at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- The Energy Information Administration’s weekly report on petroleum inventories in the U.S. will be released at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- The survey of business uncertainty report for October will be released at 11:00 a.m. ET.
- The Treasury is set to auction 5-year notes at 1:00 a.m. ET.
Check out our premarket coverage here
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.