U.S. stocks closed higher on Tuesday with the Nasdaq Composite gaining around 360 points amid a rise in Amazon.com, Inc. AMZN and Apple Inc. AAPL shares.
Let’s have a look at the major economic events scheduled for today.
- The MBA's index of mortgage application activity for the latest week is scheduled for release at 7:00 a.m. ET.
- The ADP national employment report for September will be released at 8:15 a.m. ET. Private payrolls are expected to come in at 200,000 in September, compared with growth of 308,000 in August.
- Data on international trade in goods and services for August will be released at 8:30 a.m. ET. Analysts expect a deficit of $68.0 billion for total goods and services trade in August, compared with a $70.6 billion gap in July.
- US Services Purchasing Managers' Index for September is scheduled for release at 9:45 a.m. ET. At 49.2, the flash services PMI for September rose sharply from 43.7 in August. Analysts are expecting no change for the final reading.
- The ISM services index for September will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET. The ISM services index is expected to decline slightly to 56 in September from prior reading of 56.9.
- The Energy Information Administration’s weekly report on petroleum inventories in the U.S. will be released at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta President Raphael Bostic is set to speak at 4:00 p.m. ET.
Check out our premarket coverage here
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.