U.S. stocks closed higher on Friday with the Dow Jones gaining more than 400 points on Friday. Shares of Tesla, Inc. TSLA gained 4.7%, surpassing the $900 level on Friday.
Let’s have a look at the major economic reports scheduled for release today.
- The Empire State manufacturing index for August is scheduled for release at 8:30 a.m. ET. The Empire State index is projected to decline back to 5.0 in August from July’s reading of 11.1.
- The housing market index for August will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET. The housing market index moved lower in July, dipping 12 points to 55 for the single biggest drop on record. Analysts, however, expect an unchanged reading of 55 for August.
- Federal Reserve Governor Christopher Waller is set to speak at 10:50 a.m. ET.
- The Treasury is set to auction 3-and 6-month bills at 11:30 a.m. ET.
- The Treasury International Capital report for June will be released at 4:00 p.m. ET.
Check out our premarket coverage here
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.