- Dollar General Corp DG plans to build three new distribution centers in North Little Rock, Arkansas; Aurora, Colorado and Salem, Oregon.
- The plan represents about $480 million in combined investment.
- Collectively, the facilities are estimated to create up to 1,100 total career opportunities at full capacity.
- The facilities, each about one million square feet, will also support the company's growing DG Private Fleet presence.
- "We look forward to breaking ground on these new projects, which will help us not only better serve our customers and communities, but also combine efficiencies of our DG Fresh and traditional supply chains," said Tony Zuazo, EVP of global supply chain.
- DG currently plans for the DG Private Fleet to represent 40% of its drivers by the end of FY22.
- Price Action: DG shares are trading higher by 0.82% at $243.37 on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.