- Kraft Heinz Co KHC has signed a virtual power purchase agreement with BHE Renewables, a Berkshire Hathaway Inc (NYSE: BRK-A) Energy business.
- Under the agreement, BHE will provide power from renewables to Kraft Heinz's operations within the U.S.
- The facilitation is part of Kraft Heinz's aim to procure most of its electricity from renewable sources by 2025.
- The company plans to purchase renewable energy from BHE Renewables to offset more than 15% of the energy usage at its U.S. manufacturing sites and expects to increase it to 60% by 2025-end.
- The renewable energy is planned to come from BHE Renewables' 158-megawatt Gopher Creek wind farm in Scurry County, Texas.
- Price Action: KHC shares are trading higher by 1.09% at $38.14 on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.