- Telsey Advisory Group analyst Joseph Feldman was a little surprised to see several executives changes all at once at Dollar Tree Inc DLTR.
- The analyst described the changes as a bold move that should help the company recruit new leaders to fill key roles without the need for secrecy and potential ill-will.
- The discount variety store chain announced CFO Kevin Wample will step down after the appointment of a successor. The company's Chief Legal Officer, COO, CIO, and Chief Strategy officer are no longer with the company.
- Feldman expects changes to the board, particularly the recent appointment of Chairman Rick Dreiling, backed by activist investor Mantle Ridge, and now a new leadership team, should help accelerate growth, improve execution, and enhance shareholder value.
- The analyst expects the new recruits to provide DLTR with a fresh perspective.
- The analyst believes Dollar Tree is capable of a multi-year runway of growth as it opens new stores and enhances merchandise value through its higher price base price point of $1.25.
- Feldman maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $185.
- Price Action: DLTR shares are trading higher by 0.89% at $154.93 on the last check Wednesday.
- Photo Via Wikimedia Commons
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.