- Spirit Airlines Inc SAVE reaffirmed its commitment to its merger agreement with Frontier Group Holdings Inc. ULCC, the parent company of Frontier Airlines, Inc.
- The affirmation comes after JetBlue Airways Corp JBLU proposed yet another upgrade to its takeover proposal.
- Related: JetBlue Modifies Spirit Proposal; Urges Spirit Shareholders Vote Against Frontier Offer
- Spirit CEO Ted Christie stated, "We are focused on proceeding with our agreement with Frontier, and we appreciate the continued support of ISS and Glass Lewis as well as the feedback from many stockholders who intend to vote in support of the transaction."
- The JetBlue "ticking fee" has no economic effect for 18 months after signing, stated Spirit.
- The company reiterated its recommendation for stockholders to vote for the Frontier deal on the white proxy card ahead of the special meeting of stockholders on June 30, 2022.
- Price Action: SAVE shares are trading higher by 2.10% at $23.05, JBLU +0.57% at $8.81, and ULCC +2.88% at $9.63 on the last check Tuesday.
- Photo Via Wikimedia Commons
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.