- BWX Technologies, Inc. BWXT has secured a contract from the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Strategic Capabilities Office (SCO) to build the first advanced nuclear microreactor in the U.S.
- BWXT Advanced Technologies LLC will build the prototype in Lynchburg, Virginia, and Euclid, Ohio, under a cost-type contract valued at around $300 million, depending on the options chosen.
- BWXT is the prime contract and integration lead, with a team including Northrop Grumman Corp NOC, Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings, Inc. AJRD, Rolls-Royce LibertyWorks, and Torch Technologies, Inc.
- BWXT expects 120 employees working on the project over the next two years, including about 40 skilled trades, engineers, and other positions hired to support this and other projects.
- The Project Pele full-scale transportable microreactor prototype will be completed and delivered in 2024 for testing at the Idaho National Laboratory.
- Price Action: BWXT shares are trading higher by 4.47% at $53.95 on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.