When insiders sell shares, it indicates their concern in the company’s prospects or that they view the stock as being overpriced. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go short on the stock. Insider sales should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a selling decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider sales. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: Keysight Technologies, Inc. KEYS President, CEO and Chairman Ronald S Nersesian disposed a total of 101721 shares at an average price of $194.90. The insider received $19,825,646.69 as a result of the transaction.
- What’s Happening: The company recently posted upbeat quarterly results.
- What Keysight Technologies Does: Keysight Technologies is a leader in the field of testing and measurement, helping electronics OEMs and suppliers alike bring products to market to fit industry standards and specifications.
- The Trade: IQVIA Holdings Inc. IQV Director John Connaughton sold a total of 555094 shares at an average price of $262.60. The insider received $145,767,684.40 from selling those shares.
- What’s Happening: Mizuho recently maintained IQVIA with a Buy and raised the price target from $282 to $290.
- What IQVIA Holdings Does: IQVIA is the result of the 2016 merger of Quintiles, a leading global contract research organization, and IMS Health, a leading healthcare data and analytics provider.
- The Trade: Walmart Inc. WMT Director Robson Walton sold a total of 5082956 shares at an average price of $141.17. The insider received $204,130,769.22 as a result of the transaction. The insider also acquired a total of 554000 shares.
- What’s Happening: Walmart Canada recently announced plans to acquire Toronto start-up Foodmaestro.
- What Walmart Does: America's largest retailer by sales, Walmart operated over 11,400 stores under 54 banners at the end of fiscal 2021, selling a variety of general merchandise and grocery items.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.