China Stock Markets Trading Higher
Chinese stocks were trading higher on Tuesday. The Shanghai Composite Index gained 13.68 points, or 0.42 percent to 3,290.68, while the Shenzhen composite rose 0.13 percent to 552.88.
iShares FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index (ETF) (NYSEARCA: FXI) shares rose 0.38 percent to close at $37.23 on Monday, while SPDR S&P China (ETF) (NYSEARCA: GXC) gained 0.34 percent to close at $76.59.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 0.28 percent, to 19,097.90, the S&P500 index fell 0.53 percent to 2,201.72, and the Nasdaq Composite declined 0.56 percent to 5,368.81.
Oil prices traded lower on Monday, with the US WTI crude futures on the NYMEX dropping 0.70 percent to trade at $46.75 a barrel.
Top market movers among the Shanghai Composite index are as follows:
- CRRC Corp Ltd (601766: SHH) shares gained 9 percent to 11.66 CNY.
- Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co Ltd (600887: SHH) rose 8.5 percent to 20.08 CNY.
- China State Construction Engineering Corp Ltd (601668: SHH) shares rose 7 percent to 11.08 CNY.
- SAIC Motor Corp Ltd (600104: SHH) gained 6 percent to 25.59 CNY.
- China Railway Group Ltd (601390: SHH) shares rose 2.7 percent to 10.11 CNY.
- China Northern Rare Earth Group High-Tech Co Ltd (600111: SHH) shares dropped around 1.1 percent to 13.36 CNY.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.