12 Biggest Mid-Day Gainers For Wednesday
- TESARO Inc (NASDAQ: TSRO) shares jumped 113 percent to $79.22 after the company reported that its drug niraparib significantly improved progression-free survival for patients with ovarian cancer.
- Diamond Resorts International Inc (NYSE: DRII) shares gained 23.7 percent to $29.79 after the company reported a deal to be purchased by affiliates of certain funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management LLC (NYSE: APO) at $30.25 per share in cash.
- PrivateBancorp Inc (NASDAQ: PVTB) shares jumped 23.1 percent to $44.22 after Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (USA) (NYSE: CM) revealed it struck a definitive agreement to buy PrivateBancorp and its subsidiary, The PrivateBank, for $47.00 a share.
- Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solutions Hldg Ltd (NASDAQ: KONE) shares climbed 23 percent to $3.27.
- China Auto Logistics Inc (NASDAQ: CALI) shares surged 22.5 percent to $1.74. Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solution Holding is expected to report financial results for its first six months of fiscal year 2016 on June 30, 2016.
- Basic Energy Services, Inc (NYSE: BAS) shares rose 17.8 percent to $1.72. Basic Energy Services is projected to release its Q2 financial results on July 21, 2016.
- Twilio Inc (NYSE: TWLO) gained 16.6 percent to $34.90. The company, which builds apps for voice and video, messaging and authentication APIs, debuted on Thursday at $23.99 and ended the session at $28.29.
- A Schulman Inc (NASDAQ: SHLM) rose 15.1 percent to $24.36 as the company reported better-than-expected earnings for its third quarter.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (NASDAQ: CLVS) shares surged 14.8 percent to $14.18 in sympathy to Tesaro.
- Biopharmx Corp (NYSE: BPMX) gained 9.3 percent to $0.65 after the company reported positive Phase 2a clinical trial results.
- Transocean LTD (NYSE: RIG) shares gained 6.7 percent to $11.77. Evercore ISI Group upgraded Transocean from Sell to Hold.
- Shire PLC (ADR) (NASDAQ: SHPG) shares rose 5.4 percent to $180.17 after the company reported that SHP465 met primary and secondary endpoints at both 12.5mg and 37.5mg doses.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.