Early Global News: Alibaba & Baidu Added To Benchmark Index, Chipotle's Rough Year, Shake Shack's Tokyo Debut
The following news brief was curated by Early Global News. Here are some of Friday's hottest stories pre-market.
- Koninklijke Philips NV (ADR) (NYSE: PHG), Cree, Inc. (NASDAQ: CREE): LED lighting market to reach US$30.5 billion in 2016, says firm [Digitimes]
- A new ban could make 1 million American households smoke-free [Business Insider]
- SouFun Holdings Ltd (NYSE: SFUN) to Acquire a Controlling Stake in Wanli, a PRC Publicly Traded Company, to Further Tap into the PRC Domestic Capital Markets [Press Release]
- MSCI to add Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE: BABA), Baidu Inc (NASDAQ: BIDU) to benchmarks [Financial Times]
- John Malone wishes he had gone hostile on Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) [NY Post]
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG)'s tough year just got worse [CNBC]
- First Shake Shack Inc (NYSE: SHAK) in Asia opens to long lines in Tokyo [Japan Times]
The following article is from one of our external contributors. It does not represent the opinion of Benzinga and has not been edited.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.