Solar Sector On Fire as Traders Getting More Optimistic
The Guggenheim Solar ETF (NYSE: TAN) is up more than 6.5 percent Thursday afternoon.
Elsewhere in the sector:
- First Solar (NASDAQ: FSLR) - up 5 percent
- Canadian Solar (NASDAQ: CSIQ) - up 13 percent
- SolarCity (NASDAQ: SCTY) - up 6 percent
- SunPower (NASDAQ: SPWR) - up 6.6 percent
- JinkoSolar (NYSE: JKS) - up 7.4 percent
- Trina Solar (NYSE: TSL) - up 9 percent
- Yingli (NYSE: YGE) - up 22 percent
- ReneSola (NYSE: SOL) - up 11 percent
- Hanwha (NASDAQ: HSOL) - up 16 percent
- China Sunergy (NASDAQ: CSUN) - up 12 percent
Investors are responding to a number of factors Thursday morning following the New Years holiday break:
- news Solar World Industries America has applied to US Commerce Department, ITC for anti-dumping, anti-subsidy probes into solar-battery products imported from China, Taiwan;
- a deal between Canadian Solar and TransCanada which will create TransCanada's fourth solar facility;
- the first auction of solar sites in Brazil, totaling around $250 million; and
- a report suggesting polysilicon spot prices are now at a 15-month high.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.