A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bullish stance on PayPal Holdings.
Looking at options history for PayPal Holdings PYPL we detected 25 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 72% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 28% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 14 are puts, for a total amount of $1,213,760 and 11, calls, for a total amount of $523,819.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $40.0 to $125.0 for PayPal Holdings over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is a powerful move while trading options. This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for PayPal Holdings's options for a given strike price. Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of PayPal Holdings's whale trades within a strike price range from $40.0 to $125.0 in the last 30 days.
PayPal Holdings Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is PayPal Holdings Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 6,205,342, the price of PYPL is down -0.72% at $68.53.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 35 days.
What The Experts Say On PayPal Holdings:
- Mizuho has decided to maintain their Buy rating on PayPal Holdings, which currently sits at a price target of $105.
- Barclays has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on PayPal Holdings, which currently sits at a price target of $108.
- Piper Sandler downgraded its action to Neutral with a price target of $85
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for PayPal Holdings, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.