A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bullish stance on Baidu.
Looking at options history for Baidu BIDU we detected 10 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 50% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 50% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 2 are puts, for a total amount of $66,390 and 8, calls, for a total amount of $390,301.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $70.0 to $135.0 for Baidu over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is an insightful way to conduct due diligence on a stock.
This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Baidu's options for a given strike price.
Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Baidu's whale activity within a strike price range from $70.0 to $135.0 in the last 30 days.
Baidu Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Baidu Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 909,989, the price of BIDU is down -2.73% at $114.12.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 83 days.
What The Experts Say On Baidu:
- Mizuho has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Baidu, which currently sits at a price target of $180.
- UBS has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Baidu, which currently sits at a price target of $175.
- Goldman Sachs has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Baidu, which currently sits at a price target of $176.
- Citigroup has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Baidu, which currently sits at a price target of $166.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Baidu, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.