A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on Costco Wholesale.
Looking at options history for Costco Wholesale COST we detected 22 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 13% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 86% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 12 are puts, for a total amount of $590,929 and 10, calls, for a total amount of $955,117.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $390.0 to $600.0 for Costco Wholesale over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is an insightful way to conduct due diligence on a stock.
This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Costco Wholesale's options for a given strike price.
Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Costco Wholesale's whale activity within a strike price range from $390.0 to $600.0 in the last 30 days.
Costco Wholesale Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Costco Wholesale Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 961,925, the price of COST is down -1.57% at $495.93.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock is currently neutral between overbought and oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 6 days.
What The Experts Say On Costco Wholesale:
- Raymond James has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Costco Wholesale, which currently sits at a price target of $570.
- Wells Fargo downgraded its action to Equal-Weight with a price target of $490
- Deutsche Bank has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Costco Wholesale, which currently sits at a price target of $578.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Costco Wholesale, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.