- BMO Capital Markets initiated coverage on BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc BMRN with a Market Perform rating and a price target of $107.
- Related: BioMarin's Growth Prospects Soar with Potential Voxzogo and Roctavian Launches, Analyst Raises Price Target.
- The analyst writes that Biomarin's first FDA-approved product, Voxzogo, for achondroplasia can drive around $1.5 billion in peak sales. Voxzogo commercial uptake will be significant, providing long-term growth to BioMarin.
- BMO also says that while the management's market research indicates ~35-40% commercial uptake for hemophilia treatment (Valrox), adoption will be (s)lower due to uncertainty around the drug effect, limited effect durability, and required (bi)weekly monitoring for around one year.
- The analyst models peak Valrox sales of ~$900 million and await updates around FDA approval (PDUFA on 3/31/2023).
- According to BMO valuation multiples suggest, BioMarin is fairly valued.
- Price Action: BMRN shares are down 2.03% at $114.89 on the last check Monday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.